- Boat Building
- Watercolor, gum and scraping out over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 13 7/16 x 21 9/16 inches (34.2 x 54.8 cm)
signed and dated in brown ink, lower left: "J. Varley. 1806."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | baskets | beams | birds | boat | boatbuilding | dog (animal) | fishing tackle | genre subject | labor | laborers | logs | men | road | rope | shipbuilders | shipyard | wood | workers | working
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Varley, 1778–1842, British, Boat Building, 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.