The Eton Boat on the Towpath of the Thames: Windsor Castle in Background
- ca. 1845
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, brown ink, gouache and graphite on medium, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/2 x 30 3/4 inches (31.8 x 78.1 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 11 15/16 × 30 3/8 inches (30.3 × 77.2 cm), Image: 10 1/16 × 30 3/8 inches (25.6 × 77.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, on crest, lower center: "FLOREAT...ETONA IN PATRIAM PUPLUM QYE"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "18032 942"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boat | landscape | river | rowboats | trees
- Associated Places:
- Berkshire | England | Eton | Eton College | Europe | United Kingdom | Windsor and Maidenhead | Windsor Castle
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, nineteenth century, The Eton Boat on the Towpath of the Thames: Windsor Castle in Background, ca. 1845
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.