- Cerco de Paro, Lima
- ca. 1855
- Watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 7/8 × 19 1/4 inches (27.6 × 48.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, within image, lower left: "Lg. north(?) | Sept 3 55(?) | Lima [...]"; in brown ink, within image, lower center: "View of Circa de Para, Peru, [...] | from the [...]: La Lakeanger"; in graphite, within image, lower right: "Yauricocha | [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | buildings | cityscape | corral | cross (object) | farmers | farming | fields | genre subject | hills | horses (animals) | houses | husbandry | labor | landscape | livestock | llamas | llamas | men | mine | mountains | paths | peasants | river | rural | training | walking | whip | working
- Associated Places:
- Lima | Lima, Departamento de | Perú | South America | Yauricocha
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Godfrey Thomas Vigne, 1801–1863, British, Cerco de Paro, Lima, ca. 1855
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.