- Fort Snelling
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 × 14 7/8 inches (23.2 × 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "St Peter's on Minnesota River | Fort Snelling | Upper Mississippi | June 27. 1853 Looking N.W."; lower right: "Mississippi"; in pen and black ink, lower right: "Fort Snelling. upper Mississippi | junction of the Minnesota | June 27 /53 Lg NW. towards the | [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- flag | fort | lake | landscape | plains
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Godfrey Thomas Vigne, 1801–1863, British, Fort Snelling, 1853
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.