- between 1855 and 1863
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 × 14 7/8 inches (26.4 × 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in blue ink, lower left: "Mt. Washington [...]"
Watermark: J Whatman | Turkey Mill | 1855
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | figures | landscape | mountain | road
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Godfrey Thomas Vigne, 1801–1863, British, Mount Washington, between 1855 and 1863
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.