Mr. Thompson's Wire Mill, Tintern
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 16 x 25 1/2 inches (40.6 x 64.8 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "1807 JWD. RA"; in graphite, lower left: "1807"; in graphite, lower right: "Mr. Thompson's Wire Mill"; in graphite, lower right, five lines of shorthand notes.
T.E.L. collector's stamp on bottom left
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower left: "1807 JWD. RA"; in graphite, lower left: "1807"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | water mill | wire
- Associated Places:
- Cymru | Monmouthshire | Tintern | United Kingdom | Wales
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Mr. Thompson's Wire Mill, Tintern, 1807