Mr. Thompson's Wire Mill, Tintern
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 x 25 1/2 inches (40.6 x 64.8 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "1807 JWD. RA"; in graphite, lower left: "1807"; in graphite, lower right: "Mr. Thompson's Wire Mill"; in graphite, lower right, five lines of shorthand notes.
T.E.L. collector's stamp on bottom left
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower left: "1807 JWD. RA"; in graphite, lower left: "1807"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | water mill | wire
- Associated Places:
- Cymru | Monmouthshire | Tintern | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Yale Center for British Art, Wales, New Haven, 2014, p. 20, V2519 (YCBA)