My Pretty Little Ginny Tarters for a Ha'penny a Stick or a Penny a Stick, or a Stick to Beat Your Wives or Dust Your Clothes
- Additional Title(s):
London Cries: "My Pretty Little Gimy Tarters"
- Part Of:
- ca. 1759
- Watercolor, pen and gray ink , black chalk and graphite on medium, cream, slightly textured, wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/4 x 6 3/8 inches (19.7 x 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink and graphite, lower left:"My pretty little Gimy Tarters for a ha penny a stick or a peny a stick or a stick to beat your Wives or Dust your Clothes"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beggars | clothes | cries | doorway | dust | genre subject | man | penny | scissors | stick | whip | wives | woman
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Stephen Daniels, Paul Sandby, picturing Britain , Royal Academy of Arts, London, 2009, p. 137, cat. 37, NJ18 Sa56 P3 2009 + OVERSIZE (YCBA)