- Design for Court of Edinburgh University
- Watercolor, with pen in black ink, gray ink, and brown ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, light blue, wove paper
- Sheet: 17 x 22 3/4 inches (43.2 x 57.8 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand, with pen in brown ink, lower left: "Edin[?] 1779"; inscribed in artist's hand, in pen with brown ink, lower right: "Robt Morrison Architect"; Verso: inscribed in artist's hand, in pen with broan ink, uppper center: "No. 2 | Design for the inside Court of the College | showing three sides of the square"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "R. L Morrison, Architect"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | courtyards | design | figures | people
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Morrison, active ca. 1791, Design for Court of Edinburgh University, 1779
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.