IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Robert Morrison, active ca. 1791, Design for Court of Edinburgh University, 1779
Design for Court of Edinburgh University
- Watercolor, with pen in black ink, gray ink, and brown ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, blue wove paper
- Sheet: 17 x 22 3/4 inches (43.2 x 57.8 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand, in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Edinbg. 1779"; lower right: "Robt Morrison Architect"; inscribed on verso in artist's hand, in pen and brown ink, uppper center: "No. 2 | Design for the inside Court of the College | showing three sides of the square"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "R. L Morrison, Architect"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | courtyards | design | figures | people
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.