Design for Court of Edinburgh University
- Watercolor, with pen in black ink, gray ink, and brown ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, light blue, wove paper
- Sheet: 17 x 22 3/4 inches (43.2 x 57.8 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand, with pen in brown ink, lower left: "Edin[?] 1779"; inscribed in artist's hand, in pen with brown ink, lower right: "Robt Morrison Architect"; Verso: inscribed in artist's hand, in pen with broan ink, uppper center: "No. 2 | Design for the inside Court of the College | showing three sides of the square"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "R. L Morrison, Architect"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | courtyards | design | figures | people
- Associated Places:
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Morrison, active ca. 1791, Design for Court of Edinburgh University, 1779
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.