Headfort House, Ireland: Ceiling of the Front Hall
- Additional Title(s):
Design of a Cieling for the Hall. For the Right Hon.ble The Earl of Bective.
- Pen and black and brown ink with gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 3/8 x 20 inches (36.5 x 50.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Design of a cieling for the Hall. For the Right Hon.ble The Earl of Bective."; in pen and black ink on bottom center with scale, marked in feet; in pen and brown ink lower left: "Robt Adam Archt. 1771"; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, bottom left: "The Ceiling of my Hall at Headfort"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Robt Adam Archt. 1771."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | ceilings | grotesques | halls | Neoclassical
- Associated Places:
- Headfort House | Ireland | Kells
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
City Dwellings and Country Houses - Robert Adam and his Style (Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum, 1982-01-19 - 1982-04-11) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
City dwellings and country houses, Robert Adam and his style. , Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum, New York, 1982, NJ18 Ad3 C66 (Haas)+ Oversize [ORBIS]