- The Governor-General's and Commander-in-Chief's Camp at Jalandhar, 1 Febuary 1860
- ca. 1860
- Watercolor and gouache over graphite on medium, slightly texured, blue wove paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 x 13 7/8 inches (25.1 x 35.2 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower left: "Gov. Gen's & Com-in-Chief's Camp | at Jalundhur 1st Febr 1860"; in graphite, on back, center: "34"
Signed in black ink, lower left: "Wm Simpson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armed forces | army | camels (mammals) | camp (temporary settlement) | elephants (animals) | fire | flags | historical subject | jugs | landscape | military art | smoke | soldiers | tents | trees | wagon
- Associated Places:
- Asia | India | Jalandhar | Punjab
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Simpson, 1823–1899, British, The Governor-General's and Commander-in-Chief's Camp at Jalandhar, 1 Febuary 1860, ca. 1860
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.