The Dilkoosha, Lucknow in the Distance
- Additional Title(s):
- Watercolor and gouache over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 x 21 1/4 inches (35.6 x 54 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "2031[...] 14"; in black ink, lower left: "The Dilkoosha Lucknow in the distance."
Signed and dated in black ink, lower left: "Wm. Simpson. 1866"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | colony | genre subject | landscape | men | palace | roads | tents | trees | walking | women
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Dilkusha | Dilkusha Kothi | India | Lucknow | Uttar Pradesh
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Simpson, 1823–1899, British, The Dilkoosha, Lucknow in the Distance, 1866
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.