- The Residency, Lucknow
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 5/8 x 20 1/2 inches (37.1 x 52.1 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower left: "The Residency. Lucknow."; in graphite, on back, center: "board from stock | 179"
Signed in black ink, lower left: "Wm. Simpson. 1864."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | carriages | columns | domes | figures | horses (animals) | landscape | mosques | official residence | oxen | pillars | road | ruins | siege | walking
- Associated Places:
- Asia | India | Lucknow | Uttar Pradesh
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Simpson, 1823–1899, British, The Residency, Lucknow, 1864
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.