- The Village Well
- Watercolor, gouache and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 x 14 3/8 inches (26.7 x 36.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink lower left: "The Village Well"; in artist's hand in pen and brown ink lower right: "Wm Simpson. | 1864"; inscribed on verso in graphite center: " 170 | 14 10 | 16"
Signed in pen and bown ink lower right: "Wm Simpson. | 1864"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | genre subject | jewelry | jugs | tree | village | water | well (container component) | women
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Simpson, 1823–1899, British, The Village Well, 1864
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.