Ghent: Street with Figures, Leading Up to the Cathedral
- Graphite and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 5/8 × 9 5/8 inches (32.1 × 24.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Ghent | 50"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "Octr. 1832 W Frome Smallwood"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | broom | buildings | capes | cathedral | cityscape | genre subject | labor | men | street | walking | women | working
- Associated Places:
- Belgium | Ghent | Oost-Vlaanderen | Saint Bavo Cathedral | Vlaanderen
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Frome Smallwood, 1806–1834, British, Ghent: Street with Figures, Leading Up to the Cathedral, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.