Ghent: Street with Figures, Leading Up to the Cathedral
- Graphite and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 5/8 × 9 5/8 inches (32.1 × 24.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Ghent | 50"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "Octr. 1832 W Frome Smallwood"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | broom | buildings | capes | cathedral | cityscape | genre subject | labor | men | street | walking | women | working
- Associated Places:
- Belgium | Ghent | Oost-Vlaanderen | Saint Bavo Cathedral | Vlaanderen
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Frome Smallwood, 1806–1834, British, Ghent: Street with Figures, Leading Up to the Cathedral, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.