IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Sunderland, 1744–1828, British, Mountain of Rigi and the Ancient Castle of Hapsbourg on the Lake of Lucerne, 18th century-19th century
Mountain of Rigi and the Ancient Castle of Hapsbourg on the Lake of Lucerne
- 18th century-19th century
- Watercolor and pen and brown ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper mounted to thick cream card
- Sheet: 13 1/8 × 18 1/8 inches (33.3 × 46 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | Grand Tour | lake | landscape | mountains | road
- Associated Places:
- Lucerne, Lake | Rigi | Switzerland
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.