Mountainous Landscape, with River Flowing to Bridge in Distance, a Figure Right
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Mount: 11 1/2 x 23 5/8 inches (29.2 x 60 cm) and Sheet: 6 1/2 x 18 3/4 inches (16.5 x 47.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back of mount, upper left: "(PM6154) | (TG 70/3/27/470) | (PM 6154) 458A- was framed. | VARLEY, John, pupil of | mountainous Landscape"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch bridge | arches | bridge (built work) | figure | hills | landscape | mountains | river | road | traveler | trees
- Associated Places:
- Cymru | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
pupil of John Varley, 1778–1842, British, Mountainous Landscape, with River Flowing to Bridge in Distance, a Figure Right, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.