Mountainous Landscape, with River Flowing to Bridge in Distance, a Figure Right
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Mount: 11 1/2 x 23 5/8 inches (29.2 x 60 cm) and Sheet: 6 1/2 x 18 3/4 inches (16.5 x 47.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back of mount, upper left: "(PM6154) | (TG 70/3/27/470) | (PM 6154) 458A- was framed. | VARLEY, John, pupil of | mountainous Landscape"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch bridge | arches | bridge (built work) | figure | hills | landscape | mountains | river | road | traveler | trees
- Associated Places:
- Cymru | United Kingdom | Wales
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
pupil of John Varley, 1778–1842, British, Mountainous Landscape, with River Flowing to Bridge in Distance, a Figure Right, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.