Bamburgh Castle, Northumberland
- Watercolor and scratching out on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper mounted on board
- 7 11/16 x 9 9/16 inches (19.5 x 24.3 cm) and 3 13/16 x 5 inches (9.7 x 12.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back of mount, upper left: "1 (encircled) | (462) - was framed. | VARLEY, John | Bamburgh Castle"; on back of mount, center: "Bamburgh Castle | Northumberland | J. Varley."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | beach | birds | boat | castle | clouds | figures | hills | landscape | leisure | sea | shore (landform) | walking
- Associated Places:
- Bamburgh Castle | England | North Sea | Northumberland | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Varley, 1778–1842, British, Bamburgh Castle, Northumberland, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.