The Colosseum, Rome
- Pen and gray ink and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper laid down on card
- Sheet: 12 11/16 x 16 7/16 inches (32.2 x 41.8 cm), Mount: 14 1/4 x 17 3/4 inches (36.2 x 45.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite on verso, center: "By George Robertson"
Signed in graphite on verso, center: "By George Robertson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | Grand Tour | landscape | ruins
- Associated Places:
- Colosseum | Europe | Italy | Rome
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Robertson, 1749–1788, British, The Colosseum, Rome, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.