Michel Jean Cazabon, 1813–1888, Trinidadian, The Road to the Pitch Lake, 1857
The Road to the Pitch Lake
- Part Of:
- Pen and black ink, gray ink, gray wash, graphite and gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- 7 × 10 1/8 inches (17.8 × 25.7 cm), 11 × 16 inches (27.9 × 40.6 cm), and 11 inches (27.9 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower right: "The Road to the Pitch lake"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | landscape | mountains | road | trees | walking
- Associated Places:
- La Brea | Pitch Lake | Trinidad | Trinidad and Tobago
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.