Blois on the Loire
- Watercolor over graphite on cream, moderately thick, moderately textured, wove paper
- Sheet: 5 5/16 x 13 3/8 inches (13.5 x 34 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Blois, Loire Aug 25 1856"; verso: Inscribed in graphite, upper right: Blois Loire 1856 | William Callow"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | buildings | church | cityscape | landscape | river | river | shore (landform)
- Associated Places:
- Blois | France | Loire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Callow, 1812–1908, British, active in France, Blois on the Loire, 1856
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.