- Chateau d'Ecouen
- Watercolor, gouache and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 × 8 inches (24.4 × 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Ecouen"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "Chateau decoune | Aug 22. 1833, | William Calllow"; inscribed in pen with brown ink, lower right: "Le Chateau a'Ecouen | Aug 22 1833 4th"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | chimneys (architectural elements) | château | flag | sky | steeple | windows
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Écouen | Écouen, Château d'
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Callow, 1812–1908, British, active in France, Chateau d'Ecouen, 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.