Ruins of the Savoy Palace, London
- Pen in black ink with gray wash over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, mounted on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 x 12 1/4 inches (21 x 31.1 cm) and Mount: 9 3/4 x 13 5/8 inches (24.8 x 34.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "Savoy"; in brown ink, verso, lower center: "Ruins of Savoy"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | men | palace | people | ruins | shovels | workers
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | Middlesex | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, Ruins of the Savoy Palace, London, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.