William Alexander, 1767–1816, British, A Raree Show, between 1792 and 1793
A Raree Show
- between 1792 and 1793
- Watercolor and pen and black ink over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 7 5/8 × 6 1/4 inches (19.4 × 15.8 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, upper center: "25."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- calligraphy | Chinese | flag | genre subject | man | performance | performer | pipe (smoking equipment) | puppets | raree show | smiling | smoking (activity) | strings | theatre
- Associated Places:
- Asia | China
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.