William Callow, 1812–1908, British, active in France, Madonna with a Rabbit, undated
Madonna with a Rabbit
- Watercolor with gum arabic and gouache on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/4 x 6 3/4 inches (12.1 x 17.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center left: "8325"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | blue | child | headdress | landscape | pearls | rabbit | religious and mythological subject | robes (dresses) | sky | sunset | trees | women
- Associated People:
- The Virgin Mary
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.