William Callow, 1812–1908, British, active in France, Madonna with a Rabbit, undated
Madonna with a Rabbit
- Watercolor with gum arabic and gouache on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/4 x 6 3/4 inches (12.1 x 17.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center left: "8325"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | blue | child | headdress | landscape | pearls | rabbit | religious and mythological subject | robes (dresses) | sky | sunset | trees | women
- Associated People:
- The Virgin Mary
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.