Design for a Medal: Figure of Britannia (?) and Fortune (?) or Victory (?)
- Graphite, incised for transfer on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper mounted on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper, with gold leaf, watercolor, pen in black and red ink, border lines
- 11 × 7 5/8 inches (27.9 × 19.4 cm), 4 × 3 7/8 inches (10.2 × 9.8 cm), and 2 3/4 x 2 1/4 inches (7 x 5.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "6709 [H?] Mellon"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper right: "68/12/20/70"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegorical | female | flag | genre subject | male | wings
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Hubert-François Gravelot, 1699–1773, French, active in Britain (1733–45), Design for a Medal: Figure of Britannia (?) and Fortune (?) or Victory (?), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.