- Graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 × 6 3/8 inches (22.9 × 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower center: "Por. From recollection August 1st 1828| Mr Linnell."; inscribed verso lower right in graphite, "Kennison Preston| The Georgia House| Merthsham Surrey"; inscribed verso upper left in graphite: "5416"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | men | portrait | profile
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
William Vaughan, Samuel Palmer : shadows on the wall, The Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, New Haven, 2015, p. 53, fig. 39, NJ18.P19 V37 2015 OVERSIZE (YCBA)