IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Michael "Angelo" Rooker, 1746–1801, British, View in Oxford, undated
View in Oxford
- Additional Title(s):
A Street in a Country Town
- Watercolor and graphite on medium medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 x 7 1/2 inches (12.7 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "View in Oxford by [...]"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "J.4213 Rooker | EXNO 68"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | cathedral | cityscape | gate | steeples | street | tower (building division)
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Oxford | Oxfordshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.