Studies after Anthony van Dyck's Portrait of Arthur Goodwin
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 x 10 3/8 inches (17.8 x 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "by- | Vandyke. 1639- | Arthur Goodwin | Father of Jane his | Daughter--2d lady of | Philip L. Wharton | Digwell. Jan.y 10th | 1825~"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "JWD RA."; lower left:" Digwell. Jan.y 10th | 1825~"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boot | figure study | man | portrait | spur
- Associated People:
- Goodwin, Arthur (d. 1643),
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Studies after Anthony van Dyck's Portrait of Arthur Goodwin, 1825
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.