Studies after Anthony van Dyck's Portrait of Arthur Goodwin
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 x 10 3/8 inches (17.8 x 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "by- | Vandyke. 1639- | Arthur Goodwin | Father of Jane his | Daughter--2d lady of | Philip L. Wharton | Digwell. Jan.y 10th | 1825~"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "JWD RA."; lower left:" Digwell. Jan.y 10th | 1825~"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boot | figure study | man | portrait | spur
- Associated People:
- Goodwin, Arthur (d. 1643),
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Studies after Anthony van Dyck's Portrait of Arthur Goodwin, 1825