- An Old Fisherwoman with Two Women Digging for Bait
- Black ink with watercolor; verso: graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/8 x 5 7/8 inches (8.6 x 14.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "J26313AH (2)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aprons (main garments) | basket | beach | cloak | cloth | costume | digging | elderly | figure study | fisherwoman | genre subject | hat | oysters | poverty | rocks (landforms) | shoes (footwear) | shovel | skirt (garment) | staff | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Wheatley, 1747–1801, British, An Old Fisherwoman with Two Women Digging for Bait, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.