Sir David Wilkie, 1785–1841, British, Study for "The Penny Wedding", ca. 1818
Study for "The Penny Wedding"
- ca. 1818
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, light blue wove paper
- Sheet: 3 5/8 × 2 7/8 inches (9.2 × 7.3 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chairs | genre subject | girls | stripes | study (visual work) | wedding | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.