Sir David Wilkie, 1785–1841, British, Study for "The Penny Wedding", ca. 1818
Study for "The Penny Wedding"
- ca. 1818
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, light blue wove paper
- Sheet: 3 5/8 × 2 7/8 inches (9.2 × 7.3 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chairs | genre subject | girls | stripes | study (visual work) | wedding | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.