Sir David Wilkie, 1785–1841, British, Sketch for "Reading the Will", before 1820
Sketch for "Reading the Will"
- before 1820
- Pen and brown ink on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper, mounted in moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 8 1/4 × 10 inches (21 × 25.4 cm) and 4 3/4 × 6 7/8 inches (12.1 × 17.4 cm)
Inscribed verso in brown ink, center right: "David Wilkie Esq. | 24, Lower Phillimore Place"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armchairs | children | dresses | family | genre subject | men | reading | solicitor | stripes | study (visual work) | widow | will | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.