- Celadon and Amelia from Thomson's 'The Seasons'
- Brown wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 x 9 3/8 inches (15.6 x 23.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite upper center: "Celadon & Amelia | Thomson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- darkness | death | light | literary theme | man | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Sebastian Mitchell, James Thomson's picture collection and British history painting, Journal of the History of Collections, 2011, pp. 1,2, fig. 2, V 2208 (YCBA) Full Text also Available on line (ORBIS)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Alexander Runciman, 1736–1785, British, Celadon and Amelia from Thomson's 'The Seasons', undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.