- Watercolor with pen in brown ink over graphite on beige, moderately thick, moderately textured, wove paper
- 10 1/4 x 14 3/16 inches (26 x 36 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Margate | June. 18/1849"; inscribed on back in graphite, center: "9 6/20"; in graphite, lower left: "0761"; in graphite, lower right: "[ ... ]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | buildings | cart | cart | chimneys (architectural elements) | cityscape | dock | pier (marine landing) | port | sea | sky | steps | wheels | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Kent | Margate | Thanet, Isle of | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Callow, 1812–1908, British, active in France, Margate, 1849
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.