Figure Study for the Painting of Victory of Lord Duncan: Study for the Figure of Admiral de Winter
- Black and white chalk on moderately thick, moderately textured, blue wove paper
- Sheet: 11 7/8 x 8 7/8 inches (30.2 x 22.5 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite: "J. S. Copley Sketch for figure of Lord Duncan"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- admiral | hat | studies | studies (visual works) | victories | wars
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Singleton Copley, 1738–1815, American, active in Britain (from 1776), Figure Study for the Painting of Victory of Lord Duncan: Study for the Figure of Admiral de Winter, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.