Figure Study for the Painting of Victory of Lord Duncan: Study for the Figure of Admiral de Winter
- Black and white chalk on moderately thick, moderately textured, blue wove paper
- Sheet: 11 7/8 x 8 7/8 inches (30.2 x 22.5 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite: "J. S. Copley Sketch for figure of Lord Duncan"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- admiral | hat | studies | studies (visual works) | victories | wars
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Singleton Copley, 1738–1815, American, active in Britain (from 1776), Figure Study for the Painting of Victory of Lord Duncan: Study for the Figure of Admiral de Winter, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.