Illustration to Tonson's Ovid Metamorphosis (one of four)
- ca. 1710
- Pen, black ink, and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/8 × 8 1/2 inches (35.9 × 21.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "No 1"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basins | cattle | cave | chariots (ancient vehicles) | clouds | dogs (animals) | flood | gods - classical mythology | heaven | hell | horses (animals) | literary theme | mermen | Metamorphoses | nymph | punishment | religious and mythological subject | soldiers | spears | sun | veil | water
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Illustration to Tonson's Ovid Metamorphosis (one of four), ca. 1710
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.