Illustration to Tonson's Ovid Metamorphosis (two of four)
- ca. 1710
- Pen and black ink, and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/8 × 8 3/8 inches (35.9 × 21.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "No 2"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architecture | boar | burning | escaping | flying | horses (animals) | hunting | king (person) | labyrinth | literary theme | Metamorphoses | religious and mythological subject | soldiers | spears (weapons) | swamp | temple | trees | wings | wood
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Illustration to Tonson's Ovid Metamorphosis (two of four), ca. 1710
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.