unknown artist, Illustration to Tonson's Ovid Metamorphis (four of four), ca. 1710
Illustration to Tonson's Ovid Metamorphis (four of four)
- ca. 1710
- Pen, black ink, and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 × 8 3/8 inches (35.6 × 21.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "No 4"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buried | chaos | death | dishes | dog | dragon | Drum | fighting | goblet | leaders | lyres | maenad(s) | men | Metamorphoses | monsters of the sea | music | religious and mythological subject | staffs | trumpets | violin | women | wreaths
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.