Study for the Wellington Shield
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: slight sketches
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slighltly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/8 × 6 7/8 inches (21.3 × 17.5 cm)
Extensive inscription in brown ink, upper left; inscribed on verso in black ink, center: "To | T Stothard Esqr | Newman Street | Oxford Street | 28"; in graphite, upper left: "Battle of [...] Painting of [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- archery | battles | figure study | horses (animals) | men
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Stothard, 1755–1834, British, Study for the Wellington Shield, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.