Relief Design for a Silver Salt Cellar
- Brown wash and graphite with pen and brown ink on medium, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 4 1/2 × 8 3/8 inches (11.4 × 21.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in brown ink, lower center: "Drawn by my dearist [...] Thomas Stothard R. A. | Robert Balmann"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural drawings | basket | grapes | lion | nudes | putti | ram | religious and mythological subject
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Stothard, 1755–1834, British, Relief Design for a Silver Salt Cellar, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.