Uncle George in the Dress of a Highland Herdsman
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/8 × 3 inches (11.1 × 7.6 cm)
Inscribed on mount in pen and black ink, lower center: "Uncle George, In the Dress of | A Highland Herdsman. | 42nd or Campbell Tartan [...] A Plaid of the Clan Alpin or McGregor."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Balmoral (cap) | costume | costume (dress) | crook, shepherd's | figure study | genre subject | herdsman | Highland costume | jacket | kilt | portrait | sash (quilt component) | Scottish | stockings | tartan
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Walker, active 1792–died 1795, British, Uncle George in the Dress of a Highland Herdsman, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.