- The Foundlings
- Etching and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 3/4 × 8 3/8 inches (12.1 × 21.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, center left: "N12185"; center right: "£12.6"; in graphite, lower right: "1st note before the words the Royal [...] | on the book"
Lettered below image, lower left: "W. Hogarth inv:"; lower right: "F. Morellon La Cave Sculp London"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aprons | babies | bonnet | breeches | bridge (built work) | children | church | clouds | coat | doorway | dresses | fence | foliage | genre | genre subject | hat | hills | orphans | rake | sails | ships | spinning | steps | stockings | trees | wheel | window
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by François M. la Cave, active 1726–1766, The Foundlings, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.