- Etching and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 4 3/4 × 8 3/8 inches (12.1 × 21.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, center left: "N12185"; center right: "£12.6"; in graphite, lower right: "1st note before the words the Royal [...] | on the book"
Lettered below image, lower left: "W. Hogarth inv:"; lower right: "F. Morellon La Cave Sculp London"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aprons | babies | bonnet | breeches | bridge (built work) | children | church | clouds | coat | doorway | dresses | fence | foliage | genre | genre subject | hat | hills | orphans | rake | sails | ships | spinning | steps | stockings | trees | wheel | window
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by François M. la Cave, active 1726–1766, The Foundlings, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.