The Porta Nigra, Trier
- Graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 7/8 × 16 3/8 inches (27.6 × 41.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Treirs"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "D24301F"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aprons | arches | architectural subject | baskets | buildings | carriage | children | cityscape | columns | figures | gate | genre subject | horse (animal) | men | pilasters | road | ruins | sandstone | square | walking | women
- Associated Places:
- Germany | Porta Nigra | Rheinland-Pfalz | Trier | Trier
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Prout, 1783–1852, British, The Porta Nigra, Trier, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.