The Porta Nigra, Trier
- Graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 7/8 × 16 3/8 inches (27.6 × 41.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Treirs"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "D24301F"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aprons | arches | architectural subject | baskets | buildings | carriage | children | cityscape | columns | figures | gate | genre subject | horse (animal) | men | pilasters | road | ruins | sandstone | square | walking | women
- Associated Places:
- Germany | Porta Nigra | Rheinland-Pfalz | Trier | Trier
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Prout, 1783–1852, British, The Porta Nigra, Trier, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.