John Thomas Serres, 1759–1825, British, Gibraltar, South West by West, undated
Gibraltar, South West by West
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 × 18 5/8 inches (15.9 × 47.3 cm) and Image: 2 3/8 × 15 1/8 inches (6 × 38.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Gibraltar S.W. b W."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliffs | landscape | rocks (landforms) | sea
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Gibraltar
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.