IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Palmer, 1805–1881, British, active in Italy (1837–39), The Valley of Dolwyddelan, undated
The Valley of Dolwyddelan
- Watercolor, black chalk, pen and brown ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 5/8 x 11 1/8 inches (19.4 x 28.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "15"; in graphite, lower right: "Part of the Valley of Dolwyddelan; | looking towards Capel Curig"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | mountains | valley
- Associated Places:
- Aberconwy and Colwyn | Cymru | Dolwyddelan | Europe | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.