- The Valley of Dolwyddelan
- Watercolor, black chalk, pen and brown ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 5/8 x 11 1/8 inches (19.4 x 28.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "15"; in graphite, lower right: "Part of the Valley of Dolwyddelan; | looking towards Capel Curig"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | mountains | valley
- Associated Places:
- Aberconwy and Colwyn | Cymru | Dolwyddelan | Europe | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Palmer, 1805–1881, British, active in Italy (1837–39), The Valley of Dolwyddelan, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.