John Vanderbank, 1694–1739, British, Preparatory Study for the decoration "Equestrian Portrait of George I", undated
- Preparatory Study for the decoration "Equestrian Portrait of George I"
- Graphite with brown wash and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 × 12 3/8 inches (28.3 × 31.4 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegory | equestrians | portrait
- Associated People:
- George I (1660–1727), king of Great Britain and Ireland and elector of Hanover
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.