- Study of Trees at the Edge of a Field
- Watercolor with white gouache on thick, cream, slightly textured wove paper
- Sheet: 10 x 14 7/8 inches (25.4 x 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, in artist's hand, verso, upper right: "C. Varley| J4772"
Signed in graphite, upper right, verso: "C. Varley| J 4772"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | field | landscape | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Cornelius Varley, 1781–1873, British, Study of Trees at the Edge of a Field, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.