- Watercolor, graphite and varnish on thick, cream, moderately textured wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/4 x 15 3/4 inches (29.8 x 40 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and black ink lower rigth: "C. Varley 1828"; inscribed on back in graphite upper left: "6536"; in graphite lowerer center: "6536 Esc 58"; in artist's hand in pen and brown ink lower right; "Eening Cornelius Varley | 1828"
Signed in pen and black ink lower right: "C. Varley 1808"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cattle | chickens | chimney | clouds | cows | dusk | evening | farm | farmhouse | fence | fire | landscape | rooster | smoke | sunset | tree | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.