- The Vale of Llangollen
- Pen and brown ink with graphite on medium, smoooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 x 14 1/4 inches (19.1 x 36.2 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 11 7/8 x 18 5/8 inches (30.2 x 47.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "The Vale of Llangollen | Vale of Llangollen JW. RA."
Signed in brown ink, lower left: "JW. RA."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | landscape | viaduct
- Associated Places:
- Cymru | Froncysyllte | Llangollen | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, The Vale of Llangollen, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.