IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, The Vale of Llangollen, undated
The Vale of Llangollen
- Pen and brown ink with graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 x 14 1/4 inches (19.1 x 36.2 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 11 7/8 x 18 5/8 inches (30.2 x 47.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "The Vale of Llangollen | Vale of Llangollen JW. RA."
Signed in brown ink, lower left: "JW. RA."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | landscape | viaduct
- Associated Places:
- Cymru | Froncysyllte | Llangollen | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
James Ward (Yale Center for British Art, 2004-05-21 - 2004-08-22) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.