Crowcombe Court: a gentleman with his dog walking by the river
- ca. 1775
- Pen, with gray ink, black ink, gray wash, brown wash, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 × 18 3/16 inches (29.5 × 46.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen, with brown ink, verso, center right: "Crowcombe"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | bridge (built work) | brook | dog (animal) | hills | river | ruins | slopes | trees | walking
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Somerset | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Coplestone Warre Bampfylde, 1719–1791, British, Crowcombe Court: a gentleman with his dog walking by the river, ca. 1775
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.