- Vatican from the road to Ponte Mola
- Gray wash and graphite on medium, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Mount: 14 × 19 1/4 inches (35.6 × 48.9 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 12 3/16 × 16 3/16 inches (31 × 41.1 cm), and Sheet: 10 5/16 × 14 3/16 inches (26.2 × 36 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower center: "Vatican from the road to Ponto Mola | Jany. 11, 1783"; inscribed in pen with brown ink, verso, upper left: "Vatican from the road to Ponto Mola [Saturday] Jan:11th 1783--"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | Grand Tour | landscape | road | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Vatican
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir George Howland Beaumont seventh Baronet, 1753–1827, British, Vatican from the road to Ponte Mola, 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.