Vatican from the road to Ponte Mola
- Gray wash and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Mount: 14 × 19 1/4 inches (35.6 × 48.9 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 12 3/16 × 16 3/16 inches (31 × 41.1 cm), Sheet: 10 5/16 × 14 3/16 inches (26.2 × 36 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower center: "Vatican from the road to Ponto Mola | Jany. 11, 1783"; inscribed in pen with brown ink, verso, upper left: "Vatican from the road to Ponto Mola [Saturday] Jan:11th 1783--"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | Grand Tour | landscape | road | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Vatican
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir George Howland Beaumont seventh Baronet, 1753–1827, British, Vatican from the road to Ponte Mola, 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.